November 07: Kharma 2.3 Speakers



My Naim System was quite balanced ( P3/Stageline- CDX2- 252/SC2-250.2) and I started to think that my B&W804 were not at the same level.

First of all I was disappointed for the B&W 804 harshness and their strange mid-hights resonance in my enviroment, then for sure the 252/250.2 could deserve something better.

Everything started from Geoff experience...about Kharma speakers.

I've started some web-surfing, reading reviews and opinions about them.

I was more interested in the
Kharma 3.2 ( suggested frontend from AUDIOFEDERATION in expensive HI-END system): Small and suitable, I thought, for my listening room.

Then I was luky to have a comparison audition of both
Kharma 3.2 and Kharma 2.3

My first impression was that both were TRANSPARENT speakers but the
Kharma 2.3 were in any case far better:

Even if, thanks to the CERAMIC TWEETER the hights were smooth and sweet in both, the big brother had better, controlled tight bass and a BIGGER SOUND.

At the end I went for the
Kharma 2.3.
These are 3-way speakers, in my opinion, the "must have" for a front-end.

FYI: At the same time I could even check the CRM series with FOCAL TITANIUM Tweeter.
To my ears they were too much analitic for me; to much surgeon like, loosing the sweetness and silk sound that I really love.






Was quite a mass to take this speaker ( 50kg each) in their wood case at the second floor...but as soon as I connected them to the CDX2/252/250.2 combo.. all my hardwork had the right return.

Just with a rought placement in my listening room these speakers fullfilled the enviroment that reacted in an amazing way to their way of sound.

Thanks to the ceramic tweeter and midrange the B&W 804 harshness disapperead.

No " listening fatigue" at all.

Thanks to the 23mm Kevlar woofer the bass were amazing.
Tight and controlled ( with the 250.2 contribute)

The soundstage were wide and with the correct depth.
No more, neither less then the reality.


I think of these speakers as a gentle, sweet lady.

They are so balanced that are perfect for acoustic, classical and jazz music...but even for Electronic and rock music ( if well recorded ;-).

Perhaps without the necessary wickedness for Punk and Hardcore, but for sure,even more with NAIM behind them,with the correct timing and PRAT.

( My Naim Dealer when come to my house said: WOW! This is the first time I hear KHARMA sounds in the right way!)




More to come.......................................................