May 07: The Nap 250.2



In May I had the opportunity to upgrade for a fair price my Nap 200 to the
Nap 250.2



I have to say that I had great doubts about this deal becouse for me the Nap 200 was really a good amp:

What made my mind up to this decision was that I would have like to make this as a further experiment in the NAIM UPGRADE PATH (the HICAP2 was the previous one), just to "hear" again if this MYTH was real or just an audiophile marketing trick.

Now, I have to confess that, to my ears, the
Nap 250.2 is more then "a better amp".

It's a
far better amp.

To my ears, in my enviroment, the
Nap 250.2 added scale, warmth, detail and its control of the B&W 804 was miles away from the Nap 200.

Its Mid-Bass are amazing,
it has a full sound with more body,
it has more grip and more sound character

...and at it's price point in my opinion it's a bergain.


I begun to belive in the NAIM UPGRADE PATH.




More to come
...........................................................................